Thursday 15 October 2009

SWPP & BPPA Image awards

During the month of September I entered the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers and British Professional Photographers Association (SWPP & BPPA) monthly image competition and was delighted to receive a Gold award in the Fine Art category for my smoke imagery.  What delighted me more was the fact that it was a last minute decision to enter late at night on the final day of the month.  I also entered the Landscape category where I received a Silver award for an image of Wainwright Bridge in Blackburn and the Digital Art category where I received a Bronze award for another smoke image.


The Image above won Gold in the Fine Art Category



The Image above of Wainwright Bridge in Blackburn won Silver in Landscapes



The Image above won Bronze in Digital Art.

Winning the Gold award, which incidentally gets published in the Professional Image Maker Magazine along side other fantastic images and gets put in the pot for judging at the Annual awards, gave me inspiration to revisit my smoke images so here is a little more of them.  Take a look, free open your mind and see what images you can make just by looking at these low resolution versions.












1 comment:

  1. Fascinating stuff Paul, and your gold was well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete