Saturday 18 December 2010

Nominated For SWPP Travel Photographer of the Year

Recently I received notification that I had been nominated in the last 3 for Travel Photographer of the Year with the SWPP thanks to an image I took in Marrakech in May. This year, I was quite successful in the competition. My target at the start of the year was to beat last years total of 4 gold awards. In the end, I managed 17. The Travel category alone had nearly 500 entries throughout the year and the Golds awarded make up less than 2% of all entries.  So at the awards dinner in January in London I get to find out if I am successful or not.  Either way, it has been a fun year.  Below are the images that were awarded Gold awards.


Travel Gold Award
















Merry Christmas to you all
Paul







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these! I love looking at your pictures. The snow-covered town is my favorite. Where is that?

    Best of luck to you in January at the awards dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori, it is the view near our house, it is Darwen in Lancashire. Happy Wedding Anniversary for tomorrow, doesn't seem 4 years since your wedding at 'Glenbogle'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful view. As I said, I just love this picture. It's gorgeous. I think winter is the most beautiful season, and this photo just totally captures it. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm crazy :)

    Thank you for the well-wishes. It DOES seem hard to believe that it was four years ago we were at Glenbogle. We would love to go back, and dream of moving overseas someday. We loved watching "Monarch of the Glen" this past year (we ordered the whole series from BBC Online!). We are both teachers, so keep your ears open for schools looking for some Americans...LOL!

    ReplyDelete