Tuesday 27 January 2009

Well here goes for the first of many posts. The last couple of weeks have seen me spend many hours researching the business of photography and gaining inspiration from the many fantastic photographers around. Many would be daunted by the superb high standard on view. I take confidence from the fact that my first nine entries in the SWPP & BPPA (Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers & British Professional Photographers Association) monthly competitions gained 1 Gold award, 6 Silver and 2 Bronze awards. The gold award coming in the Bridal Portrait category. But it's not all research this week, I have also had my camera out to get a creative shot. Using a rose as my subject and a plain black background, I turned the living room lights off and lit the rose from differing angles with a Maglite and created the spiral by twirling the light around the flower. Photoshop was then used to layer and blend the pictures together to create the end product.
That's all for now folks.











2 comments:

  1. Good luck Paul, you know I think your fab at what you do so keep up the good work.
    Susan - Highland wedding bells

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck sweetheart,(not that you need it ) Your love for photography shows in every photo you take.
    All My love Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete